The global market for remote sensing technologies was worth $11.3 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow 10.7 percent annually through 2023, reaching $18.9 billion, according to a BCC Research report, “Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets.”
Agriculture represents the most active area in which remote sensing is being used for problem solving. Agricultural applications rely heavily on satellites carrying instruments optimized for space-based platforms, chiefly satellites, but also from the International Space Station.
Two important additions were scheduled during the 2016 to 2021. The first is the arrival of low-cost radar imaging after the SSTL NovaSAR-S satellite. The second is the expected launch of ESA’s Sentinel-6. As with U.S. Landsat-7 and Landsat-8 satellite, raw Sentinel data will be available at no cost.
This report includes...
- 117 data tables and 10 additional tables
- A detailed overview and industry analysis of the global markets for sensors within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Country specific data and analysis for U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, China, India, Japan, Brazil, South Africa and Middle Eastern Countries
- Detailed study of sensor growth in terms of accuracy, reliability, response time, robustness, miniaturization, communications capability and efficiency
- Identification of factors influencing the global sensors market such as drivers, restraints; and assessment of current and future trends
- Explanation of technology and innovations behind sensor development and production
- Comparative study of charge-coupled device (CCD) and complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) image sensor technologies and discussion of their applications areas
- Information on touchless and pseudo-touchless biosensors
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Accel AB, Alps Electric Co., Ltd., American Electronic Components, Inc., American Sensor Technologies, Inc., Ametek, Inc., and Continental AG
Gain additional intel into the global market for remote sensing technologies by downloading a complimentary chapter of this report at this direct link...