Satellite 2.0 will provide explosive growth in capacity and declining prices — video distribution is competing with fiber solutions and many applications will soon use LTE and 5G technology.
New LEO constellation projects are in production. Some new entrants are thriving; however, the number of new satellite GEO construction and launch contracts is in decline. New distribution channels are being developed for satellite services, with airline and cruise ship passenger services being the latest high potential area. Satellite telephone and broadband services are saturated for the time being — these are dynamic times for the satellite industry.
TelAstra, Inc. has released 47 distinctive data files, more than 300 footprint coverage maps and a 751 page written report that features the 2017 Edition of Communications Satellite Databases. Among the most powerful files are:
- LEO Constellation & HTS Analysis.xls, Number of broadband user history, Transponder supply and demand for major satellite operators, Latency comparisons, List of the HTS satellites with capacity and launch dates, and Proposed LEO HTS constellations.
- Satprice.xls, comprehensive profiles of 845 satellite manufacturing contracts with extensive data on contract prices, mass, power, and satellite capability. Original delivery estimates and actual schedules.
- GEOSAT Operating Satellites17.xls, identifies the operating geostationary satellites, by name(s), orbit location, operator, launch date, transponders, coverage, mass, power, design life, and age.
- Satincom.xls, includes satellite operator income, satellite fleet, and revenue per satellite since 2000.
- Transponder.xls provides past and forecast data on transponder supply and demand.
- Space Bus Rank.xls shows the annual revenues of satellite manufacturing companies.
- Sats-in-orbit17.xls, provides information on satellite annual orders, launches, and book-to-launch ratios.
- Launch.xls, Satellite launch dates, orbits, geostationary locations, status, problems, lifetime, capability, description, and status for 7845 launched satellites to March 31, 2017
- SatAward.xls, annual award information by manufacturer, Future.xls, 306 Future Launches, and Satellites in Production.xls,
- Anomaly16.xls, Detailed data on 1478 Anomalies that have an estimated total impact of $22.23 billion
- $SUBSYS.xls, 56 satellite subsystem costs
- Satpower.xls and Satmass.xls, 145 Mass & Power Budgets
- Antennas.xls, data on 182 Antennas, Filters.xls, Parameters for 444 Microwave Filters and Poweramp.xls, 710 High Power Amplifiers
Included in the offering are 32 graphs of trends and forecasts that include: the number of transponders in service, transponder demand, operator revenues, satellites in service, growth trends in transponders per satellite, power, and mass. CD-ROM includes a matching set of Excel spreadsheets.
1. Direct Broadcasting Satellite Television Subscriber Growth
2a.&2b. Satellite Radio Subscriber Growth
2c. ARPU Growth for Broadcasting Services
3. Industry Revenues by Service Segment
4a&4b. Annual Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) Operator Revenues
5a.&5b. Growth of Satellite Data Services
6. Growth of Mobile Satellite Subscribers
7a.&7b. Annual Mobile Satellite Service (MSS) Operator Revenues
7c. ARPU Growth for Two Way Satellite Services
8. Fixed Satellite Service Revenue per satellite
9. Trends of Satellites Ordered by year
10a. Satellites Ordered by year
10b. GEO Commercial Satellites Book-to-launch Ratio by year
11. Cumulative Satellite Contract Awards (prior five years)
12. Annual Number of Satellites and Launches
13. Satellites per launch
14. Manufacturers market share by year
15. Space Manufacturer Revenues
16. Total Revenue of the Top 50 Space Manufacturers
17. Annual Number of Satellites Ordered and Launched
18. Satellite Delivery Schedule Trends
19. Satellite Delivery Plans versus Actual Performance
20. Specific Cost of Satellites (Price versus Mass)
21. Transponders Retired, Ordered, and Launched by Year
22. Transponders Ordered and Launched by year with Forecast
23. Transponder Supply and Demand
24. Transponders per Satellite Trend
25. Number of Satellite and Launch Vehicle Failures
26. Insurance Premium Trends
27. Satellite Power Growth Trend
28. Satellite Mass Growth Trend
29. Average Satellite Mass Growth
30. Satellite Design Lifetime Trends
31. Specific Satellite Cost
32. Inflation Creeping into Satellite Procurements
In the package are 387 MB of business and program information contained on a single CD ROM. There are more than 300 coverage image files (jpg), as well as dBase, Excel, Lotus 1,2,3, & ASCII files. Graphs and references are included for validation. The written report (pdf) contains 751 pages of text and figures.
Visit www.telastra.com for additional information.