[Satnews] The latest event in the GVF-EMP High Throughput Satellites Roundtable Series opens its doors in London on December 2 to what will be another major opportunity for satellite industry high-bandwidth communications solutions providers, and vertical market communications solutions end-users, to engage in dialogue pertaining to the massive growth opportunities for the market for satellite-based broadband solutions, and revealing insights into how this exciting new chapter in satellite communications continues to rewrite the way that applications are delivered in the world today.
The GVF HTS Roundtable London 2015: Game Changer or New Game will be the 7th event in the Roundtable Series which is held annually in Washington DC as well as London. The 2015 London program has, as of the date of this release, attracted confirmed registrations from almost 60 organizations, including: Access Partnership; Advantech Wireless; AST; Arqiva; Astrapi Corporation; BDE Space; Broadcast IP Services; BT Global Services; C-COM Satellite Systems; CGI; Comtech EF Data; Costain; Device Management Forum & M2M Insights; Dilittantism; Earthly Orbit; EMC; European Space Agency (ESA ESTEC); Euroconsult; Field Fisher; Gilat Satellite Networks; Guy Pelham Media; Human Net Co.,Ltd.; iDirect; Inmarsat; Integrasys; Intelsat; Intelsat GSM Ltd; M&J Communications; Navarino; NeoSat; Newtec; Onlime; Paradigm Communications Systems; PHASOR Inc.; Pico Services; Pro Brand Services; RigNet; Santander Teleport; Sat-Comm Broadcast; Satellite Applications Catapult; Sematron; SES; sIRG; SiS Live; SITA OnAir; Skyware Technologies; Spacecom; Spacepath; Spectra Group (UK) Ltd; SpeedCast; SS Loral; Talia; Telenor Satellite Broadcasting; Telespazio; Terrasat; Traville Group; and, ViaSat.
The London Roundtable is supported by principal sponsor Inmarsat, and also by Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Advantech Wireless, SES, SpeedCast, Gilat Satellite Networks, Hughes, and C-COM Satellite Systems, and panellists from these and other organisations are confirmed to be contributing to the program dialogue across four Roundtable Panel Sessions: 1/Technologies; 2/Services & Network Security; 3/Deployment Ecosystems & User Markets; and, 4/Solutions Engineering.
As at the date of this release the panels will be as follows:
Roundtable Panel Session 1/Technologies will include panellists Mark Lambert, Vice President Sales & Marketing & Managing Director UK, Advantech Wireless; Alvaro Sanchez, Sales Manager Satellite Monitoring Systems, Integrasys; Hampton Chan, Chief Architect, SS Loral; Julian Crudge, Managing Director UK, Telenor Satellite Broadcasting; Steve Gardner, CTO Government Division, ViaSat; and, a speaker to be announced, Hughes Network Systems, discussing topics including:
- Post-WRC-15: Where are We Now with C-band? The Future of Satellite Spectrum
- The Next Phase of Broadband Satellite Technologies Development
- Setting the Satellite Broadband Scene: Where does HTS, and the Mega-LEO “Wild Card” fit?
- Is All High Throughput alike? Will it evolve under Future Mega-LEO Influence?
- Where Are/Will Hybrid Technology Solutions to be Positioned?
The panel line-up for Roundtable Panel Session 2/Services & Network Security will feature John Finney, CCO, EMC; Jean-Philippe Gillet, Vice President Sales EMEA, Intelsat; Simon Gatty-Saunt, Vice President Sales, Europe & CIS, SES; Julian Crudge, Managing Director UK, Telenor Satellite Broadcasting; Michael Pollock, CEO, Traville Group; and, a speaker to be announced, SpeedCast. Issues to be considered in this session include:
- What are High Throughput Satellite Operators Already Providing, or Planning and Preparing to Provide?
- Which Operators are taking Only the Ka-band Route to New Services Delivery, and which are Developing Multiband Service Strategies in their HTS Play?
- How Are Regional Market Variations Being Reflected in the Offerings Comprising Regional Operator Initiatives?
- Today’s HTS New Service Provision Game-Changing Paradigm
- Development of Multiband Service Strategies as Part of the HTS Play
- HTS: Network Resilience and Robustness Re-Defined?
- HTS Solutions… A Stronger Defence against Cyber-Attacks, or a Point of Vulnerability?
Roundtable Panel Session 3/Deployment Ecosystems & User Markets will bring together panellists including Hagay Katz, AVP & Head of VSAT Business, Gilat Satellite Networks ; Denis Sutherland, Senior Systems Engineering Manager, iDirect; Simon Gatty-Saunt, Vice President Sales, Europe & CIS, SES; Giancarlo Pensabene, Head of Business Development, Telespazio and Jerome Soumagne, Senior Director Services & Applications, Inmarsat. Themes for discussion will include:
- Deploying the HTS Mobility Application in the Air, at Sea, on Land
- Satellite Backhaul Re-defined: Small Cells, LTE and Everything in Between
- Managing the Demands of Applications Markets like PSTN Infrastructure Extension/Telco Trunking, Broadband Internet Access, and Mobile Terrestrial Backhaul for GSM & 3G to LTE & 4G/5G
- HTS and the Evolving Broadcast Paradigm
- Deploying the HTS Application and the VARs
- What do the Users Need from HTS? – Sector Perspectives of the Wireless Operator, Maritime & Aeronautical, Oil & Gas, Military, Government, and Consumer
- Who is the “New” Customer? Or is it the Same Old Client?
- Enterprise, Consumer & Everything in Between: Satellite Broadband Redefined for Market Differentiation
- HTS-Enabled Terminals & the User Expectation
- What does the HTS Opportunity Really Promise at the Market Level for the Users?”
In Roundtable Panel Session 4/Solutions Engineering, the panellists Mark Lambert, Vice President Sales & Marketing & Managing Director UK, Advantech Wireless; Drew Klein, Vice President Sales, C-COM Satellite Systems; Fred Morris, Vice President Product Marketing, Comtech EF Data; Domenico Mignolo, Head of Ground Segment Technologies and Products Section, TIA-TTG ESA ESTEC; Paul Zeigler, CEO, Onlime; and, Hampton Chan, Chief Architect, SS Loral, will investigate subjects including:
- Terminal and Antenna Technology Product Quality
- The Evolving Installation Ecosystem… The Human and Technology Factors
- The Equipment Type Approvals Environment
- Satellite Interference… Pro-Active and Re-Active Strategies, Resources and Techniques
- Engineering the HTS solution… Engineering the New Mega-LEOs
- Infrastructure Evolution: The Planning, Design & Managing of HTS Terminals/Earth Stations
For further information, and to register your attendance at this important, innovative and exciting event, please visit the HTS Roundtable London 2015 website at http://www.uk-emp.co.uk/current-events/hts-london-2015/.
Martin Jarrold, GVF Chief of International Program Development and Roundtable Chairman, said, “This is an exciting and wide-ranging program. I am looking forward to working with both the panellists and with the individual panel session moderators, prominent satellite industry figures, who will be confirmed and announced shortly.”
Executive Director of EMP, Paul Stahl, said, “This program will bring tremendous added-value to the ongoing industry and end-user dialogue about the roll-out of HTS systems and services. We encourage as many interested individuals and organisations to get involved and contribute to the debate.”