UHP Networks (UHP) has released a new Wideband (WB) platform which will be used in the company’s high-performance VSAT Hubs and high-speed SCPC trunking modems.
The new product has three times greater capability in data throughput compared to the current UHP platform. This represents a significant enhancement of the UHP SCPC trunking modems and of the HTS series of multi-beam/multi-satellite UHP Hubs, which have been successfully deployed in over 60 networks around the world. The new WB platform series has the following advanced features.
- DVB-S2X carrier with up to 200 Msymbol/s, 650 Mbit/s
- Time-Slicing in accordance with Annex M of the DVB-S2X standard which facilitates scalability in the Hub and permits use of compact low-cost terminals in very large VSAT networks
- Load balancing across multiple Time-Slices and multiple satellite beams
- Pre-correction enhances operation over saturated wideband transponders
- HUBMUX feature enables aggregation of multiple TDM/TDMA networks and SCPC links in a single wideband carrier
- Full compatibility with UHP-100 and UHP-200 series of remotes terminals, each capable of processing 500 Msymbol/s DVB-S2X with time-slicing
- Compatible with Smart Redundancy™ architecture which dramatically reduces the cost of flexible M:N redundancy solutions, also including geographical Hub redundancy
This new product maximizes the use of wideband satellite transponders as it allows HTS operators to combine different services and applications in just one carrier.
Demonstrations of the new UHP products will be available at the company's stand 1.A91 in Hall 1 at IBC2019 in Amsterdam from September 13 through 17.
Dr. Vagan Shakhgildian, the CEO of UHP Networks, stated that this is the next step in expanding capabilities of UHP Hubs and modems. It positions our customers well for rolling out networks over High-Throughput and Very High-Throughput Satellites, both geostationary and non-geostationary. In particular, the platform is well suited for the feeder and trunking links in the emerging LEO/MEO systems.