Marlink's Sealink VSAT portfolio has been expanded to include new service plans that address the needs of more. The new service plans are designed specifically for the business needs of maritime customers and are a flexible, affordable way to meet the diverse operational and crew communication requirements for maritime customers of all segments.
Sealink's VSAT portfolio features a choice of Committed Information Rates (CIR) to guarantee constant minimum bandwidth at all times. The service plans enable digitalization of vessel operations by ensuring fixed bandwidth is always available for applications and processes that contribute to more efficiency throughout the shipping value chain.
With seven CIR levels available from 32 to 256 Kbps, in addition to a burstable Maximum Information (MIR) up to 2Mbps, Sealink Business benefits a wide range of users. It provides a guaranteed amount of bandwidth that will always be present, ensuring access to business critical applications at the defined speed, regardless of data consumption of other users, e.g. the crew and is available as a regional or global service on a range of antenna sizes from 60 cm to 1 meter. While service cost has been instrumental in development of Sealink Business, it offers the same features as Marlink’s Sealink products.
In addition to user-definable fixed speeds, the service also features 2-4 voice lines and high-level support including remote access for reduced downtime and less onboard intervention, using XChange Universal Remote Access (URA). With full integration of XChange, Sealink Business customers canaccess cutting-edge features including;
- XChange BYOD, enables crew to use personal devices on board
- XChange Media for daily news and sport bulletins
- XChange Telemed, a cost-efficient solution for managing illness/injuries at sea that complies with the latest ILO/MLC and IMO/STCW labor regulations for crew health and medical treatment.
- XChange offers the ability to set policies over separated crew and corporate networks so that business critical traffic always remains prioritized
Sealink Business users get access to the full range of Marlink value added services, featuring diverse applications including;
- Portal360, Marlink’s online customer portal for quick and easy service monitoring
- Universal Card for prepaid telephone and data usage
- Local Numbers, which enable calls to vessels from shore for the same cost as local calls
- VPN for secure connections between vessels and land offices
Sealink Business users also can use the SkyFile software suite including SkyFile Mail and SkyFile Anti-Virus.
Tore Morten Olsen, President Maritime of Marlink explained that positioned in the portfolio between data consumption-based services and the fully Premium solutions, Sealink Business answers the need for more flexibility to meet the specific budget requirements of their diverse customers, while still offering guaranteed bandwidth. They are committed to the continuous development of the Sealink portfolio and believe this new development will act as a catalyst for even more shipping companies to leverage reliable, global maritime broadband to drive more efficiency in their business and, ultimately, use connectivity to reduce operating costs across the board.