Norsat International has launched four new satellite antennas for the commercial satellite market.
The Wayfarer series includes two ultra-portable commercial fly-away satellite terminals, an easy-to-deploy commercial drive-away antenna system and a commercial fixed terminal solution. Products in this series are ideal for a variety of commercial applications including broadcast, oil and gas, mining, forestry, emergency response and remote enterprises.
Norsat has applied their expertise to bring this new offering of high-performance and reliable commercial products to market. The Wayfarer series includes antennas that are both manual and auto-acquire and in multiple reflector sizes.
Key features of the Wayfarer Commercial fly-away antenna systems:
- Fast deployment
- Tool-free installation
- Light-weight, rugged carbon fiber 1.2m or 1.8m reflector
- Ku band
- Auto-acquire or manual models available
- Variety of RF options available
Key features of the Wayfarer Commercial drive-away antenna system:
- Solid, low weight and low height reflector mount (38 cm/15”)
- Sturdy 1.2m or 1.8 m composite reflectors
- Ku band
- Easy one-button auto acquire
Key features of the Wayfarer Commercial fixed satellite terminal:
- Fast, simple installation
- 1.2m or 1.8 m composite reflectors
- Weather-proof durability
- Mast and non-penetrating mount options
Dr. Amiee Chan, President and CEO of Norsat, said that the company's xpertise in providing best-in-class solutions for the military and maritime market will be carried over to the new Wayfarer series. All of the company's worldwide customers will be served with an even broader platform of innovative products to meet their stringent requirements for remote and challenging communications.